Wonderful for on-the-go!
We first tried the original, skin smoothing cream for our 2 1/2-year-old daughter. We keep that in the fridge and wanted something to keep in the diaper bag for on the go. This stick works like a charm! There are several reasons why it meets our needs:
1. It's effective. It calms her itching. We end up using this when we're out and need a quick lotion.
2. I can't attest to it's healing properties, because it's not our primary lotion, but it does go on smooth and keeps her skin calm. I feel like we could use it in place of the original cream, but that works too so we have decided to stick with it.
3. I love that it rolls up. Her skin randomly gets itchy. I'm not always near a faucet to wash my hands. With the design of this packaging, I don't have to worry about contaminating the jar because it rolls up like a deodorant or chapstick tube and glides on without a finger or lotion spade.
4. Just like the original cream, this does have a light oily feel, but absorbs quickly without seeming to rub off onto her clothes.
5. It stays solid. We live in Florida and I was afraid the product would melt since we knew it wouldn't stay in the fridge. It does get soft in our very hot weather, but never to the point that has melted or oozed out of the container. It's perfect for on-the-go!
Give it a try!